Saturday, April 16, 2011

April 2011 hour long interview

Sky Arts is broadcasting an hour long interview with Christopher this Thursday.  Here is a three-minute advanced clip. 


http://video.sky.com/skyarts/related/24693/Christopher%20Hitchens%20In%20Confidence/true


His voice is still solid and his mind seems perfectly intact.  I saw a very recent interview elsewhere where, when asked how he was feeling, he responded by saying "There are bad days and there are worse days." 


Another quote from the Sky Art article mentioned above which is not on this clip clearly indicates that Christopher has not lost his spunk.


“I hate the idea that somebody like Henry Kissinger is what, well into his 80s now, or Pope Benedict likewise, would live long enough to read my obituary when I had fully intended to be writing theirs and I make no bones about it. That’s why I don’t ask for sympathy because I’m not intending to dish it out.”

No comments:

Post a Comment